Ironman World Championships and 70.3 World Championships has been rescheduled; Our Community Open Water Swim starts today; Our Community Threshold Ride starts Tuesday with a new course.
Here is your weekly TT Times newsletter:
Weekend "Rescheduled" Race Report:
- Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii has been rescheduled from October 10th to February 6th, 2021. February is a historically important month for Ironman: the first Ironman distance race was held on February 18th, 1978 on Oahu.
- The Ironman 70.3 World Championships, originally scheduled for November 28th-29th in Taupo, New Zealand will also be rescheduled with the new race date TBD.
Training Thoughts and Updates:
- Our free open water swim workouts start today at 6pm at Quinn's Pond. The pond temps are in the low to mid 60's- wetsuits are highly recommended. The public changing rooms and restrooms are closed, please plan accordingly.
- Our Threshold Ride starts Tuesday at 6pm this week. I will be leading a mellow-paced tour of the new route leaving the shop at 5:30pm. All details can be found on our Workout Calendar.
- A study published in Norway shows that less frequent, but longer duration interval sessions elicited a better training response than more frequent, but shorter internals. This is in line with the current practices: possibly due to the added recovery time between hard workouts.
Quote that Struck a Chord:
"What I've seen to set apart great teams from good is a brutal focus on prioritization. This means generating an absurd amount of ideas and throwing 99% of them out of the window, to focus on the 1% that have the highest impact." - Erik Bernhardsson
If You Have a Moment to Spare:
- Professional cyclist Chris Froome may leave the team that helped him win 7 Grand Tour titles.
- It appears like Tri Town coach Ricardo Valverde's Everesting attempt was at the front of a growing trend: ex-professional cyclist Phil Guyman set the Everesting record of 7hrs 52min just a week ago, only to lose that record to US mountain biking national champion Keegan Swenson yesterday. Keegan was able to chip another 10 minutes off the record time.
Have a great week!
Like the newsletter? Please forward to a friend so they can subscribe. Have suggestions on what we should be including, excluding, or changing up? Let me know!