Thank you for the feedback last week- the response was very positive so we'll keep these weekly emails coming. We'll do our best to keep them short and sweet. If you have suggestions or ideas feel free to send those thoughts our way!
Weekend Race Report-
- The Ironman National Championships in the Woodlands, Texas saw some very fast times clocked (by a reportedly short course) under perfect racing conditions. 11 men went under 8hrs, and 9 women under 9hrs. Congrats to the handful of Boise based athletes who made the journey to Texas to compete! Results.
- USAT Collegiate Nationals in Tuscaloosa, Alabama saw the top collegiate athletes in the country compete in a draft legal race on Friday, and an Olympic non draft race Sunday. Heavy rains forced the race to be changed to a duathlon format. The only Boise based athlete who made the journey was BSU Tri Club President Travis Wood, who held his own against the country's best, just a few minutes off the winning time. Results.
Events We're Looking Forward To This Week-
- St. George 70.3 is this Saturday! Our best estimate is about 20-30 locals will be competing. We'll be transporting bikes, shooting pics, video, etc of the race. Reach out to us if you need help transporting your bike or need a last minute tune up before the race. .
Training Thoughts and Updates-
- One of the benefits of so many athletes training with GPS devices is the massive collection of workout data. Processing this information can be overwhelming, even if trying to interpret only your own data and results. Alan Couzens, a top triathlon coach and self proclaimed data nerd is using machine learning to mine best practices from hundreds of athletes' training logs. His blog is a good read if you're a bit of a data nerd, and the results of his work is rather interesting.
- Quinn's pond water temp updates: Water temps were 58 degrees last week, and we expect ~61 degrees this week. Join us for a St. George final prep session today at 6pm. This is a free, coached workout.
- "Learn to Group Ride" with our coaches this Tuesday at 5:40pm. This free, coached session starts 20min before our regular Tuesday ride, and helps participants develop the skills to feel comfortable and confident in a group ride environment. We lead this "no drop" session on the first and third Tuesday of every month. TT Workout Calendar.
Gear that Caught Our Attention-
This isn't about any one piece of gear per se, but we've built an online reservation tool for all our rental products on our website. This allows you to check availability and reserve any of our rental items in real time. Race wheels, bikes, wetsuits, bike cases, etc, we got it! Check it out and tell us what you think.
Spring weather is finally here and we've extended our weekday open hours.
Most Popular Social Post-
Willie Stewart's talk at BSU has confirmed in my mind that he is the epitome of the "No Excuses" athlete. The wide ranging interview touched on Willie's family and athletic background, diving into details on many different chapters of his life. During the interview I found myself laughing, crying, and sitting on the edge of my seat the entire time. You can find pics of the interview on our blog (we'll be posting a full video of the interview soon).
Quote that Struck a Chord-
"Early season - easy is hard because you want to go harder.
Late season - easy is hard because it's hard to go harder.
Either way, easy is hard." -somebody.
Have a great week!