Mario Mola wins WTS opener Abu Dhabi; Tri Town moving sale in progress; Kelly Catlin passes.
Here is your weekly TT Times update:
Weekend Race Report-
- 3x ITU Series Champion Mario Mola won the season opening World Triathlon Series sprint distance event in Abu Dhabi. Mario outsprinted 20 year old Alex Yee with a 14min 5k split (4min 30sec per mile pace!) to take the win.
- I've received multiple request for details on Jocelyn McCauley's record setting performance at Ironman New Zealand.. I haven't had a chance to catch up with Jocelyn, but the crew at Witsup.com published a great article with quality pictures of her performance in Taupo.
Events We're Looking Forward To-
Don't miss our moving sale, starting today at 10am and running all week long. All pre-2019 bikes and gear must go. Here are the details:
- Any 2018 bikes are 10-30% off MSRP.
- All remaining accessories, clothing, helmets, and shoes are 50%+ off.
- We have store fixtures, pegs, slat wall, work benches, tools, etc for sale.
- Sale runs from Monday - Saturday during normal business hours. Prices will continue to drop throughout the week until everything is sold.
- Interested in something but can't make it down this week? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details or call the shop at 208-297-7943.
- Starting Monday, March 18th we will be operating out of our new location at 1510 N 13th. St. | Boise, ID 83702.
Training Thoughts and Updates-
A hard hitting article regarding the effectiveness of supplements pre-exercise. Time and again I see the top sports nutritionist and dietitians say a simple, thoughtful, and balanced diet is all that is needed to perform optimally. There are no short cuts- which is great news to anyone committed to the simple process of eating smart and exerting dietary discipline.
Gear That Caught Our Attention:
Garmin purchased the 50 year old Dutch indoor trainer company Tacx. Expect to see Tacx take advantage of Garmin's extension global distribution network. Tacx trainers
are generally considered some of the best money can buy, and a viable alternative to the direct drive Wahoo Kickr indoor trainer.
Quote that Struck a Chord-
“And you’re going to have to make a decision about which direction you want to go.” He raised his hand and pointed. “If you go that way you can be somebody. You will have to make compromises and you will have to turn your back on your friends. But you will be a member of the club and you will get promoted and you will get good assignments.” Then Boyd raised his other hand and pointed another direction. “Or you can go that way and you can do something — something for your country and for your Air Force and for yourself. If you decide you want to do something, you may not get promoted and you may not get the good assignments and you certainly will not be a favorite of your superiors. But you won’t have to compromise yourself. You will be true to your friends and to yourself. And your work might make a difference. To be somebody or to do something. In life there is often a roll call. That’s when you will have to make a decision. To be or to do? Which way will you go?”
If you have a few moments to spare-
, the 23 year old Olympic Silver Medalist and Track Cycling World Champion, died by suicide on Friday night. The extremely talented young woman was working on her graduate degree in mathematics at Stanford University, while racing as a professional track and road cyclist. The story is still developing, and more details can be found here
Have a great week!