Arizona 70.3; Onward Shay Marathon; 70.3 Waco; engaging your glutes; Formula pit crew record broken.
Here is your weekly TT Times update:
Weekend Race Report-
- A solid group of locals raced the Tempe, Arizona 70.3 yesterday. The day brought warm temps for this popular late season, non-professional race. Congrats to all who competed.
Events We're Looking Forward To-
- Boise's Onward Shay marathon is this Sunday. A half marathon, 10k, 5k, and kids race are also available.
- 70.3 Waco, Texas is this Sunday. Flooding in area may result in the swim being cancelled.
Training Thoughts and Updates-
- The Fall and/or off season is a great time to work on your run technique and strength. Check out Coach Michelle Wien's Run fit clinic this Saturday at "The Gym" in Downtown Boise.
- Nice refresher on why it's important to engage your glutes while running (and cycling). Don't forget to add 7 Way Hips to your list of great hip and glute activation exercises.
Popular Social Post-
If you're on world record pace at the World Champs and want to take the whole 2 liter bottle of coke, you've earned the right.
Quote that Struck a Chord-
I recently had a conversation with a new athlete who hopes to compete in some triathlons in the 2019 season. When the conversation touched on when to begin training, this old Chinese proverb came to mind:
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now."
If you have a few moments to spare-
There is no doubt that race car drivers are amazing athletes in their own right, but it's easy to overlook the athleticism and training of their pit crews. This article from Wired goes into depth on how the McClaren Formula 1 team went from one of the slowest pit times to the fastest in history by analyzing their team's training and preparation.
Have a great week!