Notes and resources on a variety of training related topics.
Below are my notes and resources on a variety of topics and books relevant to the endurance athlete. Many of these notes came about due the frequency of questions I receive on the topic of interest. Please send feedback to [email protected]
Book Notes: (relevant to the endurance athlete)
- Biomechanics of Cycling, by Rodrigo Bini
- Chop Wood, Carry Water, by Joshua Medcalf
- Complete Medical Guide for Cyclist, by Andy Pruitt
- Eating for Endurance, by Phil Maffetone
- Faster, by Jim Gourley
- Major Taylor: The World's Fastest Man, by Michael Kranish
- Range, by David Epstein
- Running the Lydiard Way, by Arthur Lydiard
- The Inner Game of Tennis, by Timothy Gallwey
- The Little Book of Talent, by Daniel Coyle
- The Obstacle is the Way, by Ryan Holiday
- Training for Endurance, by Phil Maffetone
- Turning Pro, by Steven Pressfield
- Strength training for endurance performance
Training Theory Related:
- Polarized training model.
Gear / Equipment Related:
- Wetsuit tips.
Heart Rate Related:
Performance Testing Related:
- VO2 max and MAP (maximum aerobic power) testing.
Bike Fit Related:
- Biomechanics of Cycling (book notes), by Rodrigo Bini
- Pedal stroke mechanics
- Establishing saddle height
- Simple but effective nutrition advice.
- Alcohol consumption and performance.
- Hydration and sweat loss in training and racing.
- Low carb, high fat diet: the 'con' arguments.
- Low carb, high fat diet: the 'pro' arguments.