IM Florida results; IM Arizona coming soon; We look forward to Daytona December 4th; Key concepts of Polarized training.
- Chris Leiferman and Katrina Matthews topped the podium at Ironman Florida on Saturday. Also of note, Floridian Chris Nikic became the first person with Down Syndrome to finish a full distance Ironman event by completing the race in a time of 16hrs 46min.
- Ironman Arizona is scheduled for Sunday, November 22.
- Challenge Daytona is scheduled for the weekend of December 4.
- A recent long term study (11 years) of the most successful biathlete of all time showed the key indicators of his performance were training volume, low intensity training interspersed sparingly with high intensity (polarized training), and HRV strongly correlated to his actual performance.
- Read my personal notes on polarized training.
- Read my personal notes on HRV.
- I actually disagree with this Velonews article on 7 Habits of Highly Successful Master's Athletes. The reality is that these are the habits of ALL successful athletes- it just becomes more apparent the older we get.