70.3 World Champs won by Daniela Ryf and Jan Frodeno; Best in the West Tri Festival; YMCA Fall Sprint Tri; How to Make an Effective Pedal Stroke; Preston's Last Day; Rachel Corey GoFundMe page.
Here is your weekly TT Times update:
Weekend Race Report-
- The Ironman 70.3 World Championship race in South Africa this weekend did not disappoint, with Daniela Ryf dominating the women's pro field, and Jan Frodeno pulling through in a tough fought battle with Javier Gomez and Alistair Brownlee for the men's title. Slowtwitch did a great write up on the men's and women's races.
- All Idaho-based athletes (8 that I'm aware of) who were racing in the 70.3 World Champs made it to the race safely and finished strong. Congrats to all! As always, the best way to track your friends is with the Ironman tracker app.
Events We're Looking Forward To-
- A strong group of locals are competing in the Santa Cruz 70.3 on Sunday, September 9th.
- The popular "Best in the West" Triathlon festival is this Saturday and Sunday in Sweet Home, Oregon.
- The last local tri of the season is the Steve Andrews Fall Sprint Triathlon on Saturday, September 15th.
Training Thoughts and Updates-
My latest blog post: How to Make an Effective Pedal Stroke
- The store is closed today and we are not hosting any of our regular Monday group workouts in recognition of the Labor Day holiday.
- We have wrapped up our Monday Night Swims for the remainder of the year. Thank you to everyone who attended this season.
- The store is now following our 'Fall Hours' schedule from 10am-6pm Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm Sat, and closed Sunday.
- The 7th Annual Triathlon Swap was a huge success. Thank you all for making it so. If you sold items at the swap we will be issuing your store credit or sending you a check by the end of this week. If you have items that did not sell please pick them up sometime this week.
Popular Social Post-
Many of you know our head mechanic, Preston Hu. His last day at Tri Town was yesterday, and today he and his wife head out on a year long journey to travel the world. Safe travels Preston, and thank you for all you've done for us and the triathletes in the community!
Quote that Struck a Chord-
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it." -Henry David Thoreau.
If you have a few moments to spare-
I don't do this often, but please check out the Go Fund Me page created for our dear friend Rachel Corey. Rachel was struck by a truck while training for Ironman Hawaii in 2014. Today she commits daily to her physical therapy to regain full use of her legs. We are helping Rachel raise funds to travel to Australia to work with the renown NeuroPhysics Therapy Clinic. 100% of the proceeds go to Rachel. Over $1,000 has been raised on GoFundMe and an additional $1,000 was raised during our Tri Swap this weekend.
Have a great week!