ITU Sprint and Olympic World Champs; Heavy lifting for the endurance athlete; Triathlon Swap.
- The ITU Sprint and Olympic Distance World Championships took place in Lausanne, Switzerland this weekend. Congrats to local athletes Brian Grant, Petra Hartmanova, and Travis Wood who all took top 20 or better in their respective age groups. Results here.
- American Katie Zaferes won the Grand Final and World Triathlon Series Championship in Lausanne in dominate fashion. Katie will be a key player to watch at the Tokyo Olympics next year and anchors the strong US women's team.
- The 70.3 World Championships is this Saturday (women's race) and Sunday (men's race) in Nice, France.
- Steve Andrews Fall Sprint Triathlon is the last local triathlon of the season and takes place September 13th (swim) and 14th (bike/run). Support the local racing scene by registering here.
- Mon-Fri: 10am-6pm
- Sat: 10am-4pm
- Sun: Closed
- This recent article from the crew at Training Peaks provides a good summary of the key exercises (note the quick, explosive movements).
- The best 'bang for buck' core exercise I've ever come across is "7 Way Hips". If you can find time for nothing else, find time for this.
- Been doing 7 Way Hips for a while now? Consider adding these core exercisesto your routine and read about the value of developing lateral gluteal strength.
- This podcast with world renown strength/conditioning coach Ryan Flaherty is one of my favorite and does a great job of summarizing this strength training method.
- Our Annual Triathlon Swap is on the calendar for Oct 5 and 6th. By or sell racing-grade equipment at this popular event.
- Some of our 2019 bikes are on sale now.