The Tri Town Times: 7/15/19
- Posted on
- By Antonio Gonzalez
- Posted in the tri town times
Y-Not tri album; Twilight Crit summary; caffeine's effect on performance; core exercise; amateurs vs professionals; free speed tips with Jean-Paul Ballard of Swiss Side.
- The criterium-style Y-Not Triathlon was Saturday. This local event is perfect for beginners to elite athletes and should be on your calendar for next year. Results here, and our photo album from the race is here.
- Jennifer Valente took her third victory and Justin Williams his second at the Twilight Criterium this past Saturday. Race summary here. This video we shared a few weeks ago regarding Justin's background and journey through cycling is worth watching.
- And possibly the greatest endurance feat this weekend was Wimbledon's epic five-set tie break final between Rodger Federer and Novak Djokovic. Djokovic came out on top of this historic match. Highlight video here.
- A meta-analysis review of caffeine's effect on performance once again shows measurable benefits for the endurance athlete. Thank God!
- A study of core exercise work and benefits to running economy.
- Last week's article from Shane Parish on goals vs habits seemed to really hit home for a lot of people. Here is another great article from Shane on the difference between amateurs and professionals.
Be the first to comment...