Lyle Pearson race cut short; Coach Mark Sortino's swim clinic; Airlines continue cutting airline fees.
- The Lyle Pearson 200 Time Trial and 100 Solo was a mix of stunning views and mountain storms. A beautiful morning turned ominous as racers approached Galena Pass. Thunderstorms over Galena Summit forced race officials to cancel the race for most participants, with only a couple dozen making it over the pass before the storms hit.
- Sebastian Kienle won the Challenge Half Distance Championship race in Slovakia yesterday on his third attempt at the title. Kienle took the lead with a race-best 1:11:29 half marathon, proving he's more than just a weapon on the bike. Lucy Charles-Barclay won the women's race in dominate fashion, leading wire-to-wire.
- Miranda Carfrae won 70.3 Victoria yesterday on the heels of a strong run, while Sam Long continues a dominate season by taking the men's title. A special shout-out to our own Travis Wood, who finished in 8th place overall (including the professional field) and 2nd amateur.
- Congrats to Boise locals Jeff Mutchie and Carolyn Olson for punching their tickets to the Ironman World Championship race by winning (or placing in) their age group at 70.3 Hawai'i this past weekend.
- Jan Frodeno proved he's 100% recovered from his sacral fracture by running a 1hr 12min half marathon and winning 70.3 Kraichgau by over 12min yesterday. Helle Frederiksen won the women's race in a near wire-to-wire performance.
- The Idaho State Time Trial is Saturday, June 8th.
- Ironman Boulder is this Sunday, June 9th.
- Coach Mark Sortino's free Open Water Swim Clinic at Quinn's Pond is Saturday, June 15th from 8-10am. Don't have a wetsuit? No worries, just stop by our shop before the clinic to reserve a suit.