The Tri Town Times: 6/21/21
- Posted on
- By Antonio Gonzalez
- Posted in the tri town times
70.3 Des Moines was a wet and hot mess; Boise Trails Challenge underway; dehydration/exertion and muscle cramps; Mano a Mano throw down between Jan Frodeno and Lionel Sanders.
- 70.3 Des Moines was a bit of a mess, with a major storm rolling through race morning. The race was delayed a couple hours, with the swim eventually going on as scheduled, the bike cut to half normal distance, and the run normal half marathon distance.
- Ironman Coeur d'Alene is this Sunday. Boise has a large group of athletes competing in this event. Good luck to everyone competing!
- The Toyko Olympics, scheduled to start July 23rd, will allow up to 10,000 domestic spectators or half of a stadium's normal capacity (whichever is smaller). International spectators will not be allowed at these Olympic Games.
- Did you know that Boise has almost 200 miles of mountain biking and running/hiking trails? The Boise Trails Challenge is an annual event in which participants try to ride, run, or hike every trail between June 17 and July 17th.
- The Tri Town Crew is considering offering bike transportation to 70.3 Boulder on August 7th. If this is a service you would be interested in, please respond to this email for more details.
-If people didn't already have enough trouble overcoming their fear of swimming...
- A Mano a Mano throw down will take place on July 18th between two of the greatest long distance triathletes in history.
- Harris Cyclery, the home shop of the legendary Sheldon Brown (who has and continues to help my mechanical understanding of classic parts), closed its doors for the last time.
Be the first to comment...