Q/A w/ Jocelyn McCauley and Cody Beals; USA Olympic triathlon team announced; Allistair Brownless disqualified from Olympics for 'ducking' an opponent, improved bike lanes for Boise.
- 70.3 Eagleman was held yesterday in Cambridge, Maryland. This was the first time in 10+ years the race did not host a pro field.
- The qualifying process for the Olympic Triathlon event is now closed, with USA Triathlon scheduled to announce the Olympic Team for men, women, and the new mixed relay team this Wednesday on their Facebook page. The somewhat confusing qualification process is explained well here.
- 2x Olympic Champion Allistair Brownlee was disqualified for 'ducking' an opponent during an Olympic qualifying event. Allistair, who won Olympic gold in 2016 and 2012, will not be competing in this year's Olympic triathlon.
- Not really a race, but ridiculously impressive: James Lawrence, the self-described "Iron Cowboy", completed 100 full distance triathlons in 100 days. Expanding upon while also simplifying the feat compared to his last "50 full distance triathlons in 50 days in 50 states", this time James used a local pool and a set course near his house in Lindon, Utah.
- We have a free flat tire changing clinic this Wednesday, June 16th at 6pm at Tri Town. Only a couple slots are remaining. Please RSVP by responding to this email.
- Team MPI's Open Water Swim Clinic is this Saturday, June 19th at 8am. Details and RSVP here.
- 70.3 Des Moines, Iowa is this Sunday.
- A big group of local athletes will be competing in Ironman Coeur d'Alene on Sunday, June 27th.