The Tri Town Times: 5/7/18
- Posted on
- By Antonio Gonzalez
- Posted in the tri town times
What a week: had a great time in St. George for the 70.3, and the great weather here in Boise means the shop is hopping. Absolutely loving it!
Here is your weekly TT Times update:
Weekend Race Report-
- The US National 70.3 Championship race in St. George was held under nearly perfect and warm weather. The podium was a Canadian affair with Lionel Sanders holding off 2014 Ironman World Champion Sebastian Kienle for the men's win, and Canadian Paula Findlay coming in on top for the hotly contested women's race. We counted over 30 athletes from the Treasure Valley racing, with great results for many. Our amazing photographer Scott Conover spent the day snapping pics of the race: Please help us tag yourself and friends by checking out our race photo album (we'll be posting more pics soon once we've processed them all).
- Heather Jackson won the women's race at the Wildflower Long Course triathlon on Saturday, and Rudy Von Berg broke Jesse Thomas' 6-win streak for the men. We're glad to see this race back on the calendar after a 1 year hiatus due to the draught.
Events We're Looking Forward To-
- On May 17th at 6:30pm I'll be hosting a free Bike Fitting Seminar at Athlos Academies for the Boise Aeros Cycling Club. I'll take you through my fitting process, showing you how to identify problems and make adjustments to avoid injury, improve power, and aerodynamics. This clinic is open to everyone. Stay posted for more details.
- On May 26th we plan on hosting a bike demo from our shop. Expect triathlon bikes, mountain bikes, race wheels, and more equipment to be available to demo free of charge. Stay posted for more details.
- Santa Rosa Ironman is this Saturday in the wine country of California. A large contingent of Idahoans will be there racing this full distance Ironman.
Training Thoughts and Updates-
- A picture can tell a thousand words, and Yann Le Meur at YLMSportSciencedoes just that by building easy to absorb infographics to summarize complex sports science research studies. I find myself checking Yann's site regularly to help me stay up to date with current research.
Gear that Caught Our Attention-
- Been waiting for the new Tri Town lids for some time now....
- If you've been around triathlon long enough you know how frustrating it can be trying to track your friends and family during a race. The new Ironman Tracker App is truly amazing- we were tracking 30+ athletes in St. George this weekend and the app made that possible. Real time split updates, map with real time locations of your athletes, current rank within age group, estimated finish time, push notifications, etc. This app truly deserves the 5-Star rating it holds on the App Store.
Most Popular Social Post-
- Keep an eye on this album as we'll be adding more pics over the next couple days.
Quote that Struck a Chord-
"You can't have a baby in a month by getting nine women pregnant." Warren Buffet.
I love this quote, it applies to so many things! In particular it reminds me of how important it is for endurance athletes to do the WORK, trust the process, and be patient. There are no short cuts to long term success.
Have a great week!
Be the first to comment...