The Tri Town Times: 5/6/19
- Posted on
- By Antonio Gonzalez
- Posted in the tri town times
70.3 St. George and announcement of full Ironman St. George; Bob Babbitt visits Tri Town tonight; skipping morning practice in favor of sleep for proper recovery; SRAM AXS drivetrains.
- I counted over 30 athletes from the Treasure Valley competing at 70.3 St. George. The hilly race reminded me why it is worthy of National Championship status. It was great seeing so many of you out there racing strong on this honest course. Results here.
- On a related note, Ironman recently announced St. George has been selected to host the return of a full distance Ironman race in 2020 as well as the 70.3 World Championships in 2021.
- Congrats to everyone who raced 70.3 Virginia on Sunday. Results here.
- Worth noting: the timeless Craig Alexander won Busselton 70.3 on Saturday, just a month shy of his 46th birthday.
- Triathlon legend Bob Babbitt will be at our shop tonight to present the "History of Triathlon". Few people can claim to know the history of triathlon like Bob- he has been to every Ironman World Championship race since 1980, is the co-founder of Competitor Magazine, Competitor Radio, Muddy Buddy Ride/Run Series, Challenge Athletes Foundation, and founder/host of Babbitt Radio. Everyone is invited to come meet Bob and hear this incredible story. Please RSVP here.
- The evening starts at 6pm tonight in Tri Town's lower level.
- Bob will be signing copies of his book after the event: The Complete Ironman: The Official Illustrated Guide to the Ultimate Endurance Race.
- Celebrate some of Idaho's greatest Heroes of Sport at the Challenged Athletes Foundation Idaho launch event tomorrow at the Boise State Stueckle Sky Center. Details and RSVP here.
- Ironman Santa Rosa is this Saturday.
- I'm a big believer in working out in the morning (it's the only way to guarantee the work gets done, as simple training volume is one of the most reliable indicators of race fitness), but there is a point where skipping morning practice makes sense to guarantee you're getting a minimum amount of sleep. Some key considerations:
- Did you miss the morning workout due to factors within your control? If so, time to review your evening habits/routine and consider making a change.
- Or did you miss a workout due to factors outside your control? If so, then postpone or skip the workout guilt-free knowing that life happens.
- There will be no Tri Town hosted open water swim today at Quinn's pond. We'll be back next Monday at 6pm.
Be the first to comment...