Egan Bernal wins Giro; Onionman Tri results; new Elemnt Bolt; updated Wahoo Speedplay pedals; Garmin Rally pedal for road and MTB; solid state battery technology making breakthroughs.
Here is your weekly TT Times newsletter:
Weekend race report:
- 2019 Tour de France Champion Egan Bernal won the Giro d'Italia. Bernal had struggled to find his form the last two years after winning the Tour in 2019 at the age of 22.
- It's becoming hard to find regional Olympic distance triathlons, but the Onionman in Walla Walla is one of the remaining few. Congrats to all who raced. Results will be posted here (eventually).
Events I'm looking forward to:
The Sawtooth 200
is this coming weekend. The scenic 200 mile team ride, or 100 mile solo ride is a personal favorite of mine and takes competitors from Boise to Sun Valley.
Gear that caught my attention:
A host of new and well designed product from Wahoo and Garmin have hit the market lately:
- Wahoo Elemnt Bolt GPS is now slightly larger and in color.
- Wahoo has revamped the famous Speedplay pedal, most importantly allowing the 'easy release' cleat to be used on any Speedplay pedal.
- Garmin now has a mountain bike specific power meter pedal, and has revamped their road power pedals for both Look and Shimano cleats.
The shop is closed today in observance of Memorial Day.
Quote that struck a chord:
“Every habit and capability is confirmed and grows in its corresponding actions, walking by walking, and running by running … therefore, if you want to do something make a habit of it, if you don’t want to do that, don’t, but make a habit of something else instead. The same principle is at work in our state of mind. When you get angry, you’ve not only experienced that evil, but you’ve also reinforced a bad habit, adding fuel to the fire.”
If you have a moment to spare:
Important developments are taking place in the solid-state battery technology field
. A solid-state battery has more power, range, charges faster, is smaller and safer than the current lithium-ion batteries used in today's e-bikes and electric vehicles.
Have a great week!
Tri Town Bicycles
Like the newsletter? Please forward to a friend so they can subscribe.