The Tri Town Times: 5/20/19
- Posted on
- By Antonio Gonzalez
- Posted in the tri town times
Grand Opening Celebration; foam rolling as a warmup and general technique.
- Heather Jackson took the women's title and up-and-comer Sam Long took the men's at 70.3 Chattanooga this past weekend. Congrats to all locals who made the journey to compete in this hot and humid event.
- Thousands of local athletes took advantage of a perfect Saturday morning to race the Famous Potato Marathon, 1/2 Mary, 10k, and 5k. Results here.
- American women swept the podium at WTS Yokohama this weekend. Katie Zaferes continues her dominate season by taking the top spot- her 3rd win of the year. The American women continue to show great form with Tokyo 2020 just around the corner.
- I have little doubt the establishment of triathlon as a NCAA emerging sport back in 2014 will help support the dominance of American women in the draft-legal format.
- 10am Group Ride: Join us for a separate men’s and women’s group ride led by local professional triathletes. This approximately 20mile social ride will start and end at Tri Town and is open to all abilities (weather dependent)
- Demo any of our road or triathlon bikes by showing up at the shop around 9am to be outfitted. Test ride our selection of Cervelo, Felt, or Quintanna Roo bikes.
- 2pm Seminar: Listen to Professional Triathlete Jocelyn McCauley talk about her explosive start to the 2019 season. Jocelyn made significant changes to her training, nutrition, bike, and preparation and the results speak for themselves: she shattered the course record at Ironman New Zealand and followed that up with a close 2ndplace to World Champion Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas.
- 3pm Pro Panel Hosted by Yours Truly: I’ll host a pro panel discussion with an all-star cast of local pro athletes including Kate Bevilaqua, Guy Crawford, Erin Green, and Jocelyn McCauley. Bring your own questions as we’ll touch on a variety of topics from training, race prep, nutrition, recovery, gear/tech, etc.
- Select bikes, gear, clothing, and more will be on sale for Saturday only.
- We’ll have food, drinks, raffle prizes, and free giveaways available throughout the day for all visitors.
- A German meta-analysis on foam rolling shows the activity may be better for warming up than as a recovery tool.
- More on foam rolling technique: holding at trigger points may be more effective than actually rolling.
- Group swim is cancelled today due to weather, and next week due to the holiday.
Be the first to comment...