Ryf and Kanute win Oceanside 70.3; Grand Opening scheduled April 20th; Kris Gethin "Man of Iron" book launch; Joe Friel on the mechanics of the pedal stroke; Ridge to Rivers trail map; the dehumanization of cyclist to the average driver.
- Daniela Ryf was unstoppable at Oceanside 70.3, winning over a world class field in course record time. Ben Kanute won the men's race over a large and stacked field by a mere 12 seconds on the up and coming Rudy Von Berg. A handful of locals made the trip to Oceanside and all had great performances.
- USAT Collegiate Nationals took place this past weekend in Tucson, Arizona. In many ways the race is becoming more competitive than USAT's Age Group Nationals, and is a great platform for tomorrow's top athletes to display their talent in both draft-legal and non-drafting racing.
- Ben Hoffman and Lucy Charles-Barclay won the Ironman Africa Championship in Nelson Mandela Bay.
- Andrew Starykowitz won 70.3 Texas on the shoulders of a 1hr 56min bike split, while Jeannie Seymour won the women's race in course record time.
- I'd personally like to invite you to our Grand Opening on Saturday, April 20th from 10am until 4pm. We'll have food, drinks, door prizes, raffles, guest speakers, and tours of the historic Hyde Park House we now call home. Look for the event schedule in next week's newsletter.
- We are excited to host the book launch for Kris Gethin's "Man of Iron" at Tri Town on Tuesday, April 30th at 6pm. Kris is one of the most humble, disciplined, and studious athletes I've ever had the pleasure to work with. Meet Kris, listen to his amazing story of training for an Ironman while also training as a professional body builder, and share food and drinks with us at the launch.
- Please RSVP on the Facebook book launch page.
- The local season opener YMCA Spring Sprint Triathlon is this Friday/Saturday. It's not too late to register.