The Tri Town Times: 4/29/19
- Posted on
- By Antonio Gonzalez
- Posted in the tri town times
Jocelyn McCauely takes 2nd at Ironman North America Championships; Lionel Sanders out for season w/ sacral fracture.
- Kris Gethin will launch his new book, "Man of Iron" at our shop this Tuesday from 6pm to 8pm. Everyone is invited to stop by a hear about Kris' incredible journey of competing in and completing an Ironman while training as a professional body builder.
- Triathlon legend Bob Babbitt will be at our shop next Monday to present the "History of Triathlon". Few people can claim to know the history of triathlon like Bob- he has been to every Ironman World Championship race since 1980, is the co-founder of Competitor Magazine, Competitor Radio, Muddy Buddy Ride/Run Series, Challenge Athletes Foundation, and founder/host of Babbitt Radio. Everyone is invited to come meet and meet Bob and hear his incredible story. Please RSVP here.
- The evening starts at 6pm at Tri Town on Monday, May 6th.
- Bob will be signing copies of his book after the event: The Complete Ironman: The Official Illustrated Guide to the Ultimate Endurance Race.
- The North American 70.3 Championships is this weekend in St. George, Utah. A large group of locals are making the journey to compete on this challenging course.
- Celebrate some of Idaho's greatest Heroes of Sport at the Challenged Athletes Foundation Idaho launch event on Tuesday, May 7th at the Boise State Stueckle Sky Center. Please RSVP here.
- We are hosting our first open water swim of the season today at Quinn's pond. The water is cold- hovering around 55 degrees F in the afternoons, but those of us racing St. George this weekend could benefit from the cold water acclimation. Today's swim will be a short (approx 30min) introductory open water swim workout followed by a short run. Swim starts at 6pm. Wetsuits required, thermal caps recommended. No charge.
- Note: next Monday's swim workout will be cancelled because we'll be hosting triathlon legend Bob Babbit at our store during the normal swim time.
- Our resident photographer Scott Conover posted a stunning race album from the YMCA Spring Sprint Triathlon. Check out the beautiful images and help us tag friends on our Facebook page here.
- Though Lionel Sanders is out of competition for the time being due to a sacral fracture, his interview with Bob Babbitt on Bob's "Babbittville" Radio Podcast from January of this year was fascinating and deeply personal. The full interview can be found on iTunes here.
Be the first to comment...