Boston Marathon, Robie Creek, Victor Campenaerts breaks Sir Bradley Wiggins hour record, research after studying 10 million marathon finishers.
- In case you missed it, ~30k runners toed the line for the Boston Marathon last Monday. Congrats to all who raced this historic event. Search results by name, city, state, etc here.
- The rains this spring may have washed out much of the road to Aldape Summit, but a herculean community effort repaired the road enough to hold the infamously hard Race to Robie Creek half marathon on Saturday. Congrats to all 2300 participants. Results here.
- Victor Campenaerts broke Sir Bradley Wiggin's 4-year old Hour Record by riding just over 55k in an hour. Campenaerts is a time trial specialist from Belgium, and set the new benchmark at the famous high altitude Aguascalientestrack in Mexico. Why compete at ~6000ft? At 34+ mph air density is a significant factor. The thin air is worth the slight loss in oxygen.
- The Ironman North American Championship race is this Saturday in the Woodlands, TX. Outside of Kona this is one of the most competitive races in the world.
- The 70.3 Ironman North American Championship race is next Saturday in St. George, UT. The hilly and often hot course is an honest test of early season fitness for many locals.
- Kris Gethin's "Man of Iron" book launch is next Tuesday, at Tri Town. The fun starts at 6pm.
- Obsessed Triathlete for race course info and course comparisons.
- Ironman Tracker App for day-of athlete tracking, results, athlete guides, and event schedule.