Jocelyn McCauley wins Ironman New Zealand in record time; we're moving this week to our new location; thoughts on cycling cadence; Olympic Nordic skier Max Hauke caught doping red handed.
Here is your weekly TT Times update:
Weekend Race Report-
Boise's own Jocelyn McCauley won Ironman New Zealand in a record time of 8hr and 53min. Jocelyn's third Ironman victory (and second win at Ironman New Zealand) is extra special as she was racing for Frank Springett, founder of the MORF aerobar
. Frank was tragically killed in a bike accident in early February while refining a prototype bar.
Events We're Looking Forward To-
It's been a long journey, but we are in the final push to finish Tri Town's new home
. Located just across the street from our current location, the historic Hyde Park property will triple our store's size and help provide a unique shopping experience for everyone in the endurance community. Some highlights of the new space include:
- Massive porch and outdoor seating for staging group rides, events, etc.
- 2-story layout with the sales floor, coaching, and fitting services on the main floor, and service department in the basement.
- Many of the shop fixtures and furniture were hand-built by the Tri Town staff.
- Superior service bay layout and product displays throughout the shop.
- 6 car parking lot located behind the shop.
A few more things:
- We will be moved in and fully operational by Monday, March 18th.
- We are hosting a "Moving Sale" the week of March 11th-16th at our old location. Any remaining 2018 inventory will be on sale and must go. We're also selling any fixtures, tools, and equipment we will not need in the new location. Look for more details in next week's TT Times.
Training Thoughts and Updates-
Quote that Struck a Chord-
“The best moments in our lives are not the passive, receptive, relaxing times… The best moments usually occur if a person’s body or mind is stretched to its limits in a voluntary effort to accomplish something difficult and worthwhile
.” -Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
developed concepts on finding your optimal "flow state
If you have a few moments to spare-
Austrian Winter Olympic nordic skier Max Hauke was caught literally red-handed
while blood doping in his hotel room during the Nordic Ski World Championships. He and 4 other athletes were arrested at the event. Even worse, a "doping salon" appears to have been discovered
in the World Championships host city of Seefeld, Austria.
Have a great week!