flat tire clinic; Wahoo/Speedplay pedal launch; Mark Sortino Team MPI swim clinic.
- Last week's Flat Tire Clinic was a hit and sold out in less than an hour. We will host another clinic tomorrow (March 23rd) at 6pm at the shop. Coach Travis and I will show you the tools and techniques needed to fix a flat efficiently and confidently. This will be a hands on clinic- so bring your own bike and be prepared to get a little dirty. This clinic is limited to only road bikes or triathlon bikes. Due to the need to limit group sizes, we can accept only a few more participants for this clinic. If you're interested please respond to this email and I'll reserve a spot for you.
- Top triathlon coach Mark Sortino of Team MPI will be hosting his popular open water swim clinic on Saturday, June 19th. You don't want to miss this informative and free clinic. Info and RSVP.
- Top local cyclist and ex-professional triathlete Alex Martinek will be hosting a "bike handling/skills clinic" this Wednesday, March 24th at 5:30pm. Starting point will be Camel's Back Park. Alex will take participants through the basics of drafting, group riding, cornering and more. This can be an excellent refresher before we start our Tuesday Threshold Rides in a couple weeks. Please email Alex for more information and to RSVP: [email protected]
- Wahoo Fitness purchased Speedplay in 2019, and just recently announced a refresh of four road pedals, with a power meter pedal later this year. And later this week Garmin is expected to release a major update to their pedal lineup as well.
- Local cycling coach Robert Evans recently introduced me to the Wandrer app as a way to discover and explore new roads and trails in our community. As the site says, it's a "bike exploration game that you win by going places you've never been before." All you need is a GPS, a Strava account, and a desire to explore new places. Use discount code: "TriTownBoise" for $5 off an annual membership.