The Tri Town Times: 11/19/18
- Posted on
- By Antonio Gonzalez
- Posted in the tri town times
Eneko Llanos wins Arizona; Food and Diet advice; Chrissie Wellington on body image; bicycle weight vs aerodynamics
- Eneko Llanos of Spain and Heather Jackson of the US won Ironman Arizona yesterday under perfect weather conditions. A strong group of locals made the trip, with many hitting PR's and 5 athletes taking top 10 in their respective age groups. Congrats to all!
- Kevin Collington and Imogen Simmonds won 70.3 Xiamen in China on Saturday, while local pros Kate Bevilaqua and Guy Crawford both took 5th in the pro field.
- A good refresher on diet for endurance athletes with Matt Fitzgerald. Matt takes a practical and realistic approach to diet that most athletes can identify with (duration: 52min)
- YML Sport Science is one of my favorite sources for up to date training, recovery, and dietary recommendations backed by research. Here are 3 recent studies related to nutrition and supplementation:
-- Low Card, High Fat (LCHF) diets have created a buzz for some time as a way to lose weight. But LCHF diets do not work for everyone, and in many cases can impede your endurance performance. Do you know which professional triathlete is highlighted in this paper (answer at the bottom of this newsletter).
-- I tell my athletes that caffeine is possibly the best *legal* performance enhancing drug out there. A recent study highlights the benefits of caffeine and/or coffee in time trialing performance.
-- A key to building great fitness is to avoid illness, and a big part of that is fueling well and at the right time. Here are some guidelines for carbohydrate, protein, and supplementation intake and timing.
- And finally thoughts on weight loss, body image, and performance from the great Chrissie Wellington.
The shop is closed on Thanksgiving, but open normal business hours on Friday and Saturday.
Be the first to comment...