The Tri Town Times: 1/11/21
- Posted on
- By Antonio Gonzalez
- Posted in the tri town times
Strava's Year in Sport review; Ironman legally defends their refund policy; Mark Gunter Photographer of the Year Award.
- Just how much did we change our exercise habits during the pandemic? Strava's "Year in Sport" report breaks it down.
- Ironman's no refund policy (only deferment) has gained them no love over the years. A class action lawsuit challenged Ironman over a lack of refunds due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A U.S. District Judge upheld Ironman's policy as "clear and consistent with common sense," and pointed out that if race organizers had to give refunds for reasons beyond their control they would not be able to sustain a business.
- You can hear a dry chain.
- You can hear worn out brake pads.
- You can hear and feel a loose headset.
- You can see when a chainring is worn out.
- You can feel a bearing that is worn out.
- You can feel a tire that is over or under inflated.
- You can smell something that is generating too much friction.
- "You don't need more time, you need more focus." - Shane Parrish
- "You cannot manage time, you can only manage yourself." Peter Drucker
- "We kill time as time is literally killing us." Cato the Elder
Be the first to comment...