The Best Triathlon Advice of 2018
- Posted on
- By Antonio Gonzalez
- Posted in community, the tri town times, training/coaching
We summarize the best articles, quotes, and advice related to triathlon and endurance sports culture from 2018.
As we close the books on 2018, I'd like to take a moment to reflect on the best advice and most popular pieces we highlighted in our weekly Tri Town Times newsletters. This article includes the information that our readers voted as the most helpful, in addition to the articles or links that were clicked the most during the 2018 season. Thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts. And if you believe I missed something, please say so in the comments below. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy this year's worth of great training advice and endurance sports culture:
- Watch and Listen: Dr. Steven Seiler video on how the best endurance athletes actually train, and the followup podcast on how to conduct high intensity training.
- Read: Alan Couzens on stepping stones to balanced athlete development.
- Read: Alan Couzens on volume vs intensity in training.
- Read: How elite runners train.
- Read: How to Make an Effective Pedal Stroke.
- Watch: "7 way hips" for a stable core.
- Watch: Knee injury prevention exercise.
- Read: Swim stroke rate vs stroke length.
- Summary: Mental skills necessary for success.
- Summary: Tapering research summary.
- Summary: Nutrition during exercise.
- Read: Stop Chasing Time Goals.
- The Computational Cyclist to determine power needed for bike speed in variable conditions.
- Obsessed Triathlete to compare the relative difficulty of various Ironman races.
- Stryd run power meter for better pacing and run training.
- The Ironman Tracker app for tracking friends and family at Ironman branded races.
- What is faster? Road bike or triathlon bike for climbing.
- Those thorn resistant tires may be costing you 10+ min on your Ironman bike split.
- How to do a professional torque inspection on your bike before race day.
I too have enjoyed reading your emails and this "Best of" was a great closer...
I am an "aspiring to try Tri" person and your message keeps me close to the brink of diving in!
thank you and happy new year!
Fantastic Idea for the "Best of 2018"! Many thanks. Your Tri-Town Times is one of the few articles on TRI and Training I read each and every time it arrives! Being new to triathlons and biking, I have learned a lot. Many thanks and keep up the great work.
Happy New Years.