- Greater Boise Aquatics Center brings Michael Phelps to Boise, November 16, 2021.
- BSU Performance Lab looking for athletes for CO2 research.
- Dorel purchases Cannondale for $810m
- Thomas Edison on failure and perseverance.
Here is your weekly TT Times newsletter:
Weekend race report:
- 70.3 Arizona took place in Tempo yesterday. Congrats to all the locals who competed.
Events I'm looking forward to:
- The Greater Boise Aquatics Center, the team and vision behind the new competition pool planned for Boise, will host a fundraiser with Olympic champion Michael Phelps on November 16th. Phelps, the most successful Olympian in history, will discuss a range of topics including success, leadership, mental health, water safety, and more.
- Speaking of pools... a new swim school has been proposed for State St in Meridian.
- Ironman California is this Sunday in Sacramento. The race is shaping up to be the full distance championship race of the season with many of the top pro athletes in the world competing (male pro only field).
Would you like to be part of an athletic research study? The BSU Performance Lab is conducting a study on CO2 tolerance in endurance athletes. They're looking for several candidates to perform 2 tests over a 48 hour period. Each session will take around an hour. If you're interested in being a part of the study, please contact [email protected]
- Body composition.
- Maximal and peak power outputs (Wingate test).
- Maximal oxygenmaximal CO2 measurements
- Blood lactate
- CO2 Tolerance.
Gear that caught my attention:
I'm using my Garmin Varia taillight
much more these days with the sun coming up late, and going down early. The Varia is a taillight and car-sensing 'radar' that provides audible and visual cues that a car is approaching. Still the single best investment I've ever made in an electronic device.
The Dutch conglomerate Pon Holdings, purchased Dorel Sports for $810 million
. The deal is expected to be finalized in 2022. Pon is a massive company with strong roots in the automotive, retail, and logistics world. Pon is the parent company of well known bike brands Cervelo and Santa Cruz, amongst others. The purchase of Dorel brings Cannonale, Schwinn, GT, Mongoose under their umbrella, thus creating the largest bike company in the world.
Quote that struck a chord:
A couple classics on failure and perseverance from Thomas Edison:
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
"I have not failed 10,000 times- I’ve successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
When we see a professional make the seemingly impossible look easy, we should not envy their skill, we should envy their ability to withstand countless failures and still get up and try again. That is a professional's true super power.
Have a great week!
Tri Town Bicycles
Like the newsletter? Please forward to a friend so they can subscribe