"The greatest experience in a bike shop in my life, and that's after having worked at a bike shop!" -B. Swanson
At Tri Town, we feel your position on the bike is more important than the bike itself. An incorrect position can result in pain, injury, and a loss of power. A great position can make all the difference in not only your race results, but your overall enjoyment cycling enjoyment. Antonio Gonzalez, our head fitter, has 15 years of fitting experience, having worked with a broad range of athletes from Olympians, World Champions, Age Group World Champions, and countless first time triathletes. We do not follow any one fitting protocol, but look at you as you truly are- a unique individual different from anyone else. Our fitting process is designed to address your key concerns and follow basic, clear principles that result in improved comfort and power on the bike nearly every time. Read more below about our fitting process and options below.
How to prepare for a fit
- Bring all necessary equipment. Shoes, helmet, race shorts (or something similar), and short sleeved jersey or tri top is a good start.
- Evaluate your needs and goals. We review this in our initial interview, but your final cycling position is ultimately determined by factors like: race duration and type, cycyling/athletic background, personal injury history, current injuries/issues, and performance goals.
- Prep bike for fitting. Are certain bolts stripped or rusted that may need to be adjusted during the fit? If needed, schedule a tuneup before your fit to guarantee a smooth session.
- Ask questions. Your fit is a great time to ask all the highly detailed questions regarding triathlon cycling performance. Questions like, "How do fast cyclist really pedal?", and "What hydration system would work best on my bike?" are some examples.
Scheduling your fit
- Select the fit that works best for you below, or simply call us at 208-297-7943 or email email@example.com to schedule your fit.
- We are available for fitting Monday-Friday from 10:30am – 4:30pm, or by special appointment. View our availability calendar here.
- Due to demand for fitting services we recommend scheduling your fit a week in advance