Vuka Alumina Extensions help you dial in your optimal aero position at, well, an optimal price. Vuka Alumina Extensions are available in two styles:
- The new Vuka Alumina Race was designed using data compiled from thousands of fit sessions with recreational and professional cyclists and triathletes by the world’s best fitters. The Vuka Race bend places the wrists at a more natural bend to help riders remain in their tuck to optimize aerodynamics. 175 grams.
- Ski-Tip places you in a position for speed as well as long-haul comfort. 185 grams.
Vuka Alumina Extensions come with an industry-standard 22.2 mm diameter, are compatible with the new Vuka Alumina Clip. Both extension styles have a length of 360 mm and have sleek internal cable routing. They are compatible with all shifting systems.
Guidelines for cutting extensions:
- The extensions are marked on the underside in 1 cm increments with half centimeter increments shown with smaller lines. A minimum of 3 cm of extension must be inserted into the VukaBullet body to avoid damaging the extensions. This means that a minimum of six marks (three large and three small) must be inserted into the bar after the bars are cut to length.
- If more than 4 cm of extension need to be removed, we recommend removing in 2-3 cm increments to avoid overcutting of the extensions.
- The extension should be wrapped in masking tape at the point where it will be cut and cut with an aluminum-specific hacksaw blade. The masking tape will help ensure that the cut is clean and no jagged fibers lift off of the part.