TriTown Newsletter: 5/6/13
Big Weekend of Racing
Wow, last weekend was a busy weekend for triathletes around the country. Idaho triathletes did particularly well, with many great finishes by triathletes in both the pro and amateur ranks.
- Wildflower: The legendary Wildflower triathlon took place Saturday (1/2 Ironman) and Sunday (Olympic) in San Lois Obispo. Idaho was well represented, with 3 Boise athletes placing in the top 15 between the Pro Men's and Women's fields. Like always, the amateur athletes from Boise did great too, check out the race results and find your friends here.
- St. George: Over a dozen Boiseans went down to St. George to conquer this incredibly challenging 1/2 Ironman. It looks like the winter training went well for these athletes, and a few were even able to lock in some Vegas slots for 70.3 Worlds. Check out the resultshere.
- YMCA Off Road Tri: Almost 100 athletes toed the line at the Eagle Velo Park Saturday to race a long course, short, or youth race. The weather was perfect and the racing was intense. Check out the results here.
Boise 70.3 Race Prep Discussion w/ Coach Harold:
Sat 5/11/13, 4:30pm @ TriTown
Coach Harold and TriTown will be hosting a Boise 70.3 Race Prep and Race Day Clinic at TriTown, Saturday May 11th, at 4:30pm. This clinic is free and open to all triathletes who'd like to attend. Please tell a friend and bring your questions.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
- Tapering for the half ironman distance.
- Race day nutrition and determining caloric need for the event.
- Equipment setup and preparation.
- Finishes with an open Question and Answer session.
Cyber Monday Deal
Cyber Monday is taking a break for a few months during the busy summer months. We still have many items on sale, available in-store or at www.tritownboise.com. Thank you all for making the Cyber Monday Deal such a great success. Look for it again in the fall.
Leave a comment