Here is your weekly TT Times update:
Weekend Race Report-
- Santa Rosa Ironman was Saturday in the wine country of California. We counted about 10 locals racing- congrats to all who competed
- Our very own Travis Wood won and set the course record on Saturday at the Oregon Dunes Olympic Triathlon. Nice work T-Bone!
- Not a race report per se, but USA Triathlon recently release their 2017 ranking issue, and Idaho athletes are well represented across all age groups and disciplines (triathlon, duathlon, aquabike, etc). Grab the latest USA Triathlon Magazine to see who placed in the top 10% nationally, or view results online here.
Events We're Looking Forward To-
- This Thursday, May 17th at 6:30pm I'll be hosting a free Bike Fitting Seminar at Athlos Academies for the Boise Aeros Cycling Club. I'll take you through my fitting process, help you identify problems and make adjustments to your fit to avoid injury, improve power, and aerodynamics. I'll also touch on key exercises cyclist should do to help avoid injury and build cycling specific strength. This clinic is open to everyone, but please RSVP on the Boise Aero's page here.
- Saturday, May 26th we're hosting our first ever Bike Demo from our shop. We'll have triathlon bikes, mountain bikes, race wheels, and more equipment available to demo free of charge. We'll also have special pricing on bicycles, gear, and more. The event will run from 10am-4pm, and will definitely be worth checking out!
- And of course this week is Boise Bike Week! The Treasure Valley Cycling Alliance has schedule a whole week of events to celebrate cycling in our amazing city.
Training Thoughts and Updates-
- Quinn's pond temperature updates: the pond is currently 62 degrees (no increase from last week). Perfect wetsuit swimming temperature, most won't need booties or thermal caps at this temp. For reference, 60-70 degrees are ideal wetsuit temps. Below that, booties and thermal caps are recommended, and above that you may start to overheat if wearing a wetsuit.
- The YMCA Sawtooth Masters program is hosting a reoccurring Saturday morning swim at Quinn's Pond at 9am. Reach out to Coach Rick at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Gear that Caught Our Attention-
- Are you a Felt IA triathlon bike owner? If you own an older IA, these two (BTSpac and CALpac) accessories are a must for you, and are currently the top selling items on our website. Can't keep them in stock.
Most Popular Social Post-
- We've loaded about 100 more pics to the St. George 70.3 album. Check it out and tag yourself and friends.
Quote that Struck a Chord-
- "Remember: you don't HAVE to do this, you GET to do this." Kristin Armstrong. Speaking on mental strength and motivation at the USAT Winter Seminar we hosted here in Boise.
... And if you absolutely, positively must waste 10 minutes-
- Production grade video with cycling AND skiing? Worth it!
Have a great week!